Sunday, August 13, 2006

Quiz: What Sex is Your Brain?

The BBC has a fascinating test to determine the Sex ID of your brain. Although we all have a mixture of feminine and masculine traits, it is possible for a woman to have a Male brain, while a man can have a Female brain.

I took the quiz and lo and behold, I have the brain of a woman:



I'm wondering how much of this is due to genetics and biological develpment and how much is due to environment. I'm tending to think that this score is mostly a result of my having to adapt to my surroundings.

For the majority of my adult life, I've been at jobs where the overwhelming majority of my coworkers have been women. I've spent the majority of my life being around and talking with women. It seems to me that this must have played a huge role on how I communicate and perceive the world.

Of course, the opposite could be possible: Because I am genetically programmed with a more female brain type, I naturally have gravitated towards women because it's easier for me to relate, communicate and feel comfortable.

Still, I found this test extremely thought-provoking and I'd be interested to see how my fellow Fuzzytopians fare.

(A complete breakdown of my scores can be found in comments.)

This post has been FuzzyWiki'd. Fuzzytopians: Feel free to add to its wikiality.